Monday, February 1, 2010

First Ever Flash Animation

Over the weekend I began to tinker with Flash. I thought I might as well know it since I have the whole Adobe Suite on my computer. So I went online, found a tutorial, learned the basics, and finally started on something the next day.



It's totally random and it was made in under and hour. Though the image quality is low as I had to export it.
I plan to make more of these when I go back home and get to work with my tablet; but for now, it's all just mouse.

I suppose I was inspired because on Saturday I watched The Prince of Egypt and on Sunday The Thief and the Cobbler. Both have amazing animation but I must say Thief really took my breath away. I then did some delving and found out about the film's troubled past and it stirred me. I feel sorry for Richard Williams and hope one day The Thief and the Cobbler will be released as according to his original intentions. For now, I guess the closest thing to that is the fan-edited version, Recobbled Cut; which I still have yet to see (I plan on next weekend). Anyways, in short: The Thief and the Cobbler -- All animators and aim-to-be's should watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment