Friday, January 8, 2010

Something New

So yesterday, I decided to try something different with my tablet, going monochrome (relatively). I thought two contrasting colors would be nice and I suppose that was my subconscious working to correlate the image with the plot of the story. It's another of my characters and he's the main character of the only sci-fi series I have in my head.

First I started with a line drawing, and here I actually had to flip the image a couple of times to make sure the face was relatively balanced.


Then I filled it in with a dark shadow, much in the tradition of comic books, and then added grays and color. After the figure was done, I did the background. I could push the details in the background a little more but the character is the subject, no need to detract from him.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get a tablet dude D8

    If I end up getting a job next semester, I'll make an investment. Keep up the tablet experimentation yo.

    ReplyDelete